Thursday, January 25, 2007

Project Proposal

Please help by sharing your thoughts.

I am applying for a research project scholarship and need some help with my proposal. I have three ideas and am open to thoughts and critics. I have never done anything like this and would love some feedback. The description says that it is an “academic research project” and that might eliminate my third idea. So here they are.

#1
Topic: Latin American
Description: I would like to investigate current Latin American literature that has been influenced positively or negatively by the relationship of the United State with the author’s native country.
Target countries: Bolivia, Venezuela, Chile
#2
Topic: Enlightenment literature
Description: To look at the Enlightenment movement in a literary context and investigate the effects they had in Europe and the United states in the 18th century.
#3
Topic: Study Abroad
Description: To write an account of my one year study abroad experience in Zaragoza Spain.
I understand that none of the ideas are filled out, but that will be the next stage in the process.

2 comments:

Shayna said...

I think the first one would be the most interesting. I haven't ever heard of a research topic like that before.

Good luck Colby!

Anonymous said...

I like the first one. It's very unique and I would think would not be a large trial to get through, but something you can truly enjoy doing.