Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A little taste of my world


I enjoy a concert and part as much as the next guy (only half true) but a week! That is too much for me. The Festival de Pilar is over and if you want to know what its about look it up on google. It was nice not being in school and I had good old Ernest Hemingway to keep me company on the window seal.

I am taking a break from reading an article for one of my classes and wanted to give you a little taste of what I am looking at.

La Relación Entre Población, producción y Progreso
T.R Malthus (1792)

Capítulo 1
Los grades e imprevisibles descubrimientos de los últimos años en la filosofía natural; la creciente difusión de la cultura general, gracias a la extensión del arte de imprimir; el espíritu investigador, ardiente y libre, que prevalece en el mundo culto e incluso en el mundo inculto; la nueva y extraordinaria claridad que ha sido proyectada sobre la vida política, deslumbrando y asombrando a los mas entendidos y especialmente, aquel tremendo…

ten pages to go!


and you thought all I was doing in Spain was climbing rocks and going to concerts. Nope, that is false. I have a lot of reading to do and the only option for me is to keep plugging along.

Life is mellowing out and it is a good feeling. I have made some friends and am learning a little french along the way. The weather has been nice over the past few weeks, however it is going to get cold soon enough. Time to keep reading, peace out friends.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Don't you fall asleep reading that book while you're on that window ledge. Put a rope around your waste, danger boy!