Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Barcelona and Ben Harper





Last weekend I went to Barcelona to see Ben Harper in concert and to see the city. The city was cool and all but the concert... wow, the concert was incredible.

The opening band was a group from Spain called "Ojos de Brujo" and they were very entertaining and I most definitely got my groove on with their crazy Spanish rhythm. Ben Harper came on and I proceeded to dance and sing as if I were the only one around. It was a liberating concert. Something deep within felt a since of relief after few hard weeks. The pressure of being in another country, language and a lot of self induced strain was really starting to get to me. Being in a place where I could just express myself was so good. Often times I get so full of different emotions that I don't seem to be able to manage, they build without an exit, so with my blue tie die shirt and my favorite pains on I danced and sang with all that I had and it felt so damn good.

No comments: