Thursday, March 16, 2006

I could try and recount where I have been, but I would rather just write about where I am now.

Faith.

For the past year I have been in an interesting stage with my personal faith. There have been times where I feel confident, other times weak and full of doubt. One of my friends once told me that "if I can't question God and find him to be true, then I don't want to follow him at all". After hearing this, I felt pleased. My questions should not be feared, but rather embraced, and that is what I decided to do.

I am still in the midst of searching and I often feel like I am in the midst of a maze. Much of my searching has become an intellectual pursuit to understand Jesus and his role in my life in the world. One of the most frustrating this is the lack of feeling within my life. In some ways, I feel like my heart is dying and that is not a good thing.

Is this progress?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Progress indeed!

Anonymous said...

Colby,

Thanks for turning your blog on again. I enjoy "hearing" from you via the net.

My question for this blog: Is progress the point? Sometimes I wonder. I get this feeling that God's economy and His "12 steps to success" are entirely different than anything I see here at Barnes and Noble's. Maybe progress is the point, but its definition is quite different than capitalism traditionally tells us.

I don't know. I just like to ask... and I like that you like to ask too.

I'm listening to Derek right now.

"I knew this girl she was made for me. She stood me up my wedding day. Now that girl runs around on me... she's drunk all the time.

You see... I died to make her mine."

colbycraige said...

How do you define progress?

My friend told me the other day that "age does not always bring wisdom. But it generally brings perspective"